about & contact
- E-mail: [my last name] @ gmail
- Twitter: @firt
in Spanish: @maxifirtman
- Medium (Spanish articles)
Hi! I'm Maximiliano (Max or Maxi accepted). I work as an independent free-lance consultant in the mobile+web space, doing development and consulting for companies, authoring technical books and articles, delivering workshops & trainings and doing public speaking. You can follow me on twitter @firt.
I'm the author of several books with more than 12 translations available in different languages, including four books published by O'Reilly Media on Mobile Web and Web Performance. I've authored also dozens of articles published in online and printed magazines, including .net, Web Designer, Smashing Magazine, and .code. Also, many articles were published in my blog and Medium website.
Several online courses are available for beginners and for professionals in LinkedIn Learning, Safari, Lynda, and other publishers.
I've been teaching workshops since 2001 for small and big companies, such as Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo!, PayPal, Intel, Cisco, HP, Turner, eBay, Comcast, Intuit, Network Solutions, and MercadoLibre. I've been delivering open workshops for multiple academies and conferences, and corporate trainings directly and as a leader instructor at ITMaster Academy, Protech, Marakana and New Circle.
I do many public speaking appearences worldwide, delivering keynotes and sessions. In the past, I've been organizing events (such as MobileCamp, Adobe en Vivo, AppCircus) and meetups (such as ARFUG, Adobe Official User Group and Mobile Argentina).
I'm based in Buenos Aires, Argentina and been doing web development in 1995 using edit from the DOS command-line; I've started with mobile development in 2000 creating apps in WML for the first mobile browsers, followed by a infinite series of native languages and platforms: Palm OS, Java ME, Windows Mobile, Symbian, iOS, Android, Flash platform, BlackBerry, Windows Phone & more.
In more than 22 years working as a professional, I've founded several companies including Netace studio -a web design & development company-, Entupalma -a mobile development company- and ITMaster Academy. I've created some other mobile side projects, including MobileDevSearch, Truco -the first multiplayer Java ME in the region-, Como Voy -a public transport guide for Nokia devices-, Widgen -a mobile widget generator-. In the beginning of this millenium, I've worked on some TV shows in Argentina about Internet and programming, including Webmasters TV. During several years I've also worked for a printed magazine for developers -.CODE- writing articles, doing technical review, doing interviews and defining summaries and hot topics.
I've graduated from CAECE University in a Computer System degree, after graduating from ORT Institute as computer analyst. I've also studied some years in Buenos Aires University in Computer Science. I've worked for some universities as a professor, including UTN University -National Technological University-, ITMaster Academy, and Image Campus (professor & training director).
I've received the following awards and honors from the community:
- Adobe Community Champion, in 2011 & 2012 renewed until 2015, a recognition program to top worldwide professionals working for the community
- Public Recognition from Google at DevFest 2010 as one of the top developers in the region
- Nokia Developer Champion (formerly Forum Nokia Champion), in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012, a recognition program to top worldwide mobile developers
- BlackBerry Elite developer in 2012
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer User Agent, in 2013, somekind of the grandfather of Web MVP
- Finalist of Sadosky 2007, a prize in Argentina for intelligence applied to IT.
- MIDP Programming Challenge (3P) for the game Truco in 2003 organized by Nokia and ITBA University.
- Best Speaker in ExpoInternet 2001
- Gold @, for an institutional website in 1997
My online available projects:
- 2017-Code HTML online, a simple online PWA editor to test features in your mobile device quickly
- 2012-CSS Media Queries Test, to test media queries live on your browser
- 2006-2012: Breaking the Mobile Web, my blog (old information)
- 2007-2015:Mobile HTML5, compatibility tables for mobile web platforms
- 2005-2012:Emulato.rs, an emulator and simulators guide for mobile developers
- 2005-2012Mobile Tiny URL, for easy URL typing on mobile devices
- 2012iWebInspector a tool for iOS 5 web debugging - deprecated since iOS 6
Here you will find some interviews to myself and some random videos & articles found on the web.
- LinkedIn Career Clinic
- Keynote at Fluent 2017
- Interview to Richard Stallman on Radio show (spanish)
- The media using my face for everything related with Google Glass
- Velocity 2013 Interview - YouTube
- Velocity 2014 NY Interview - YouTube
- Lado B: Realidad Mixta
- GDG Cochabamba Bolivia Interview
- Appliness magazine #1: interview, cover article. PDF
- Adobe en Vivo Interview (in Spanish) - YouTube
- Maestros del Web Interview (in Spanish) - YouTube
- My Slideshare presentations